Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.
- Broward County deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, Coral Springs sources say February 23, 2018When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other […]
- School resource officer who stayed outside had glowing reviews February 23, 2018The Florida deputy who waited outside as a gunman targeted staff and students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, killing 17, was twice nominated as the School Resource Deputy of the Year and won the award in 2014, personnel records obtained by CNN show.
- Here's Florida governor's plan to keep students safe February 23, 2018Florida Gov. Rick Scott announced Friday a comprehensive plan to keep students safe, a week after a former student fatally shot 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.
- Bullets flew for 4 minutes as armed deputy waited February 23, 2018When Nikolas Cruz started shooting last week, an armed deputy stationed at the Florida school rushed to the building. But instead of going inside, the officer waited outside for four minutes as the shooter massacred students and teachers behind the walls, authorities said.
- CNN anchor to NRA spokeswoman: How dare you February 23, 2018CNN anchor Alisyn Camerota asks NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch why she said "many in legacy media love mass shootings."
- Trump: School resource officer who stayed outside didn't love the children February 23, 2018President Donald Trump continued to criticize the armed school resource officer in Parkland, Florida, who stayed outside of the school during the shooting, saying during a White House news conference conference that Scot Peterson "doesn't love the children, probably doesn't know the children."
- Analysis: Trump stokes a totally false idea on the 2nd Amendment February 23, 2018President Donald Trump spent the last two days insisting that he was ready to find compromise on gun control measures in the wake of the murders of 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida last week.
- Shooter's past 911 calls released February 23, 2018Before Nikolas Cruz killed 17 people at his former high school in Florida on February 14, law enforcement officials received several calls from people concerned about the young man's guns and violent behavior. One caller said Cruz planned "to shoot up" an unnamed school.
- Opinion: What does Dana Loesch know about 'grieving black mothers in Chicago'? February 23, 2018Whenever we talk about guns in America, the card-carrying members of the National Rifle Association are always the mouthpieces, equating being a gun owner with American hyper-patriotism. The historian Richard Hofstadter described the concept of "gun culture" -- guns viewed by many as part of America's heritage: "an ingredient in the American imagination."
- Snapchat stock sinks after Kylie Jenner tweet February 23, 2018